Legal Aid for Housing Law & Eviction
Legal aid is available for certain types of housing issues. To receive legal aid you will usually have to show that you can't afford to pay for the legal costs yourself and that the problem is serious.
Please contact us and we will let you know whether you are eligible.
Legal aid may be available for the following housing issues:
- If you have been unlawfully evicted from your home
- If your landlord is seeking to re-possess your home
- If the Housing Authority is taking you to court because of allegations of anti-social behaviour
- You are homeless and require help from the local authority to be re-housed
- You rent a home and it is in a serious state of disrepair
- You are being harassed by your landlord and need legal protection